JUNE 14th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss IL - JUNE 17tH!!!!!!!!!!!
CANNOT believe how FAST summer has gone by so far!!!
I have learned so much about myself and those I care about since my last post...
When my dad was giving me mock interview questions the other day, he asked me: "Marisa-- How do you define a true friend?"
It took me some time to think about how to answer the question. "Someone I have fun with and enjoy being around" is what first came to mind. While this is a very important and I think necessary aspect of friendship, it is certainly not everything. After taking more time to evaluate how I truly wanted to answer this question, my dad and I came up with something along the lines of this: "A true friend is someone who will always be honest with you. Someone who will ALWAYS be supportive of you, even if you are doing something he or she may not approve of 100%. In the situation that a close friend believes you are doing harm to yourself or others, he/she still stands behind you giving you constructive criticism and trying to help you get through difficult situations the best they can."
Yes, this is what I believe defines a good friend. More than that, it is how to define any person who truly cares about you. Family, friends, teachers... someone who loves you and accepts the person you are despite any flaws you may have. A reciprocal relationship of support.
I have evaluated and identified the individuals in my life that truly care about me. I am so very blessed to have each and every one of these individuals--valuable mentors, friends, and family members. I am a very lucky girl... I have incredible best friends who have the power to put me in a state of ridiculous laughter when I am down. I have parents who are so supportive and helpful to me that I sometimes feel it is far more than I deserve. I have individuals helping me in a variety of ways to become a more powerful and strong young woman, and that means the world to me.
I have met with Irene several times in the past few weeks since I've been home. The woman is incredible... 85 years old and she still has it. The voice and the soprano attitude. She cares so much, and I am beyond grateful for this and for everything she has taught me in the many years I have known her. I don't know what I'll ever do without her.
sidetrack really quick...... i NEED Sleep! I'll have to cut this a little short. I want to get to the appearances and all! Point is...
I truly love my friends. They are the greatest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment